OverviewOnce a year, the UIAA recognises particularly outstanding projects in mountain protection with the Mountain Protection Award.
All projects submitted are reviewed by the Assessment and Awards Team and visible on the website.
Winners are chosen by the Award Team, which is composed of external experts, UIAA mountain protection delegates and partners.
WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE UIAA MOUNTAIN PROTECTION AWARD 2013 HAS A VALUE OF $5,000
- Submit your application by 1th December
- Results are announced on 15th March every year
For a more in detail explanation see our timeframe page.
- YOU ARE an association or a travel agency
- YOU WORK in a mountain region
YOU ARE ENGAGED in one of the following areas (at least):
- Conservation of biodiversity –incl. plant & animal species
- Sustainable energy & resource management
- Waste management & disposal
- Adaptation to / mitigation of effects of climate change
- Culture and education
- YOU DEVELOP environmentally friendly and innovative adventure activities to inspire visitors
- YOU COLLABORATE with and support local/regional communities